birding-aus

birdsong CDs

To: "Russell Woodford" <>
Subject: birdsong CDs
From: "Dave Torr" <>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 21:23:11 +1000
It depends to a certain extent on area and interests - for example most of
the wader and pelagic calls are probably not very relevant, but I agree that
the others are not easy to select.

I have just acquired the BOCA CDs and they are pretty good (if missing a few
species) - the only real issue is that there is an announcement at the start
of each track, which is great if you are learning the calls but less good if
you want to try and call in birds - which depends on your ethics I guess!