birding-aus

attn grey-headed lapwing pilgrims

Subject: attn grey-headed lapwing pilgrims
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 22:23:21 -0400
hi all
is anyone planning to head out to Burren Junction in the coming week to twitch
the lapwing?
my wife and i (me birder, she filmmaker) are planning to make a short
documentary about this great story.
we are heading down there this week to try to see the bird and we'd like to
interview any other birders who'll be there.
we'll be around for a few days from weds, the weather and our 6 mth old
daughter willing. rain is forecast mon and weds for the narrabri area.
feel free to contact me off list. we hope to talk to others who've made the
trek from far and wide about their experiences after we get back.
pls keep the reports coming. it's been great reading. i just hope we're not the
first dippers!
regards
shane brady
writer-researcher
ascot qld

nb this project is totally self-funded and we have no intention of disturbing
the bird