birding-aus

(Another) G-hL update

Subject: (Another) G-hL update
From: (Russell Woodford)
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 23:54:57 +1000
Hi Rod, David and all

If the bird is taken into care it would be highly desirable for those making
such a decision to keep the birding public informed as much as possible. I
realise the decision to capture and treat the bird might be made fairly quickly
if its condition deteriorates, so if this is planned, I think it would be very
considerate to let people know in advance - it wouldn't be much fun to drive to
BJ from another state only to find the bird has been placed in care.  Sure, it
might fly off and never be seen again, and everyone travelling to see it takes
that risk, but missing the bird after it has been taken into care would be a
pretty bitter end to a day or two on the road.

For what it's worth, I haven't had the chance to see the Lapwing, and probably
won't unless it hangs around for a few more weeks.  Has it had its 200th
visitor yet?

Russell Woodford
Geelong

David Stowe <> on Mon, 10 Jul 2006 22:35:57 +1000