birding-aus

RFI: Girraween National Park

Subject: RFI: Girraween National Park
From: Peter Kyne <>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 11:20:09 +1000
Greetings,

Plaxy Barratt and I are off to Girraween National Park next weekend. Our party is a mixed group of birders and non-birders, so there needs to be some balance in the weekend's activities, but we hope to try to track down a couple of target species. Any information on good sites for these within the park or surrounding area would be greatly appreciated.

The main targets are:

Spotted Quail-thrush (noted from previous postings: David Taylor's sighting around the main toilet block).
Chestnut-rumped Heathwren
Glossy Black-cockatoo
Red-browed Treecreeper

Thanks heaps, Cheers, Pete Kyne

Peter M. Kyne

PhD Candidate
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology
University of Queensland
St Lucia 4072 QLD
Ph: (07) 3365 2720 or 3365 2944
Fax: (07) 3365 1299