birding-aus

How the Grey-headed Lapwing was discovered

To: <>
Subject: How the Grey-headed Lapwing was discovered
From: "John & Ruth Walter" <>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 21:06:43 +1000
Hi Brett and Karen,
Ruth and I would like to thank you so much for the trouble you took to ID this bird and promptly pass on the information. And thanks to all the birding-ausers out there who have kept updating the list. I must admit in over 50 years of birding this is the first twitch we have taken part in. It was most exciting wondering if the bird was going to wait for us to be able to get there. It was also great to be involved and interact with the other birders on the day. Thanks also to Russell Woodford who posted my message from Burren Junction on my portable email device [which is not my birding-aus registered email]. Thank you all for the great experience.
John & Ruth Walter
Pittsworth SEQ