birding-aus

RFI- Rock Parrot on Yorke Peninsula SA

To: brian fleming <>
Subject: RFI- Rock Parrot on Yorke Peninsula SA
From: Trevor Hampel <>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 23:33:08 +0930

brian fleming wrote:
We will shortly head for the Yorke Peninsula for a few days - Kadina - Wallaroo area. Is there any hope of finding Rock Parrots in the vicinity? If so, where would be a good place to start looking?
Anthea Fleming

Hi there Anthea,

All of my South Australian records of Rock Parrots are from the Marion Bay - Stenhouse Bay area on lower Yorke Peninsula where they are relatively common. This area is over an hour's drive from Kadina. I would say that there are probably good sites for this species along the west coast of the peninsula, but I haven't been to much of that coastline.

Happy birding,

--
Trevor Hampel
Murray Bridge