birding-aus

Bar-shouldered Dove - Blue Mountains NSW

To: <>
Subject: Bar-shouldered Dove - Blue Mountains NSW
From: "Timothy Hyde" <>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 09:55:54 +1000
Hi  Birders,

Saturday morning brought a new bird to our garden. (Hazelbrook, Blue
Mountains NSW).  Timothy and I woke to a call we knew, but had never heard
here. I jumped out of bed ran to the window but couldn't see it, which meant
I had to go down stairs and outside, it was freezing!. As I did, it flew
down into the garden, bingo, a Bar-shouldered Dove, I called to Tim to keep
an eye on it while I found the camera. I only got one snap before it flew
off.
I know a lot of you are thinking "yeah big deal BSD" but for us it was.
This has been the second new garden bird for us this year (Rock Warbler
earlier) after 15 years. Amazing what a bit of native landscaping can do!

Sunday morning we went off to Magic Point, Maroubra, how could we resist
after all those wonderful postings. We have been there many times before but
today was 'magic' Yellow-nosed & Black-browed Albatross, Aus Gannet,
Fluttering Shearwater and 6 whales.

Cheers
Lynda & Timothy