birding-aus

Re: The Cranes are back on the Tablelands!

To: Alan Gillanders <>, birding-aus <>
Subject: Re: The Cranes are back on the Tablelands!
From: John Grant <>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 10:31:08 +1000 (EST)
Hi Alan et. al.,

  thanks for the report Alan, I also saw my first cranes of the season on
Sunday 28th, twelve (5 Brolgas and 7 Sarus) flying over Yungaburra and
eventually landing at Quincan Swamp. On Monday there were 25 Sarus at Bromfield
in the evening.

  Cheers,

  John

Alan Gillanders <> wrote:
  Greetings,
Well at least a few. Two reports of cranes seen or heard yesterday,
28/05/06. Today I saw three Sarus, two Brolga and two unidentified cranes at
Bromfield Swamp on the southern side of the crater. This is late but not as
late as last year when I saw the first ones on the 10/06. They used to
return for my birthday in late April.

Regards,
Alan Gillanders

Alan's Wildlife Tours