birding-aus

Ethnoornithology Research & Study Group Newsletter No. 1 available

To: African Birding group <>, Birdchat group <>, Birding-Aus <>, COG list <>, Eanth-L listerver <>, Ecolog-L group <>, Malawi Birding Group <>, Middle East Birdnet <>, Neoorn-L list <>, Ornith-L list <>, Anthro-L <>
Subject: Ethnoornithology Research & Study Group Newsletter No. 1 available
From: Robert Gosford <>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 21:52:54 +1000
Dear list members,

(Apologies for cross-posting)

The ERSG was established early in 2006 to provide a clearinghouse and information and discussion point for people interested in the study of, research into and application of indigenous bird knowledge.We now have 90 members with a variety of backgrounds from across the world, and our members include indigenous practitioners, researchers and students and others interested in this fascinating area of Ethnobiology.

Anyone with an interest in this area is invited to submit their thoughts, suggestions or ideas. We also welcome the posting of published or unpublished papers, bibliographies, photographs and conference notifications. Please also feel free to pass this message on to others that you think might be interested in the ERSG's work.

To access the various files, links and member's messages please join the group. This can be done by clicking on the "Join this group" button on the ERSG homepage at the address given above and then following the registration and membership procedure. Please send a short message to the group to introduce yourself to members, preferably stating your location, area/s of interest and any requests for information.

We look forward to your membership and contributions.

--
Robert Gosford
M Phil Candidate