birding-aus

Little Corella - Kilsyth, Vic

To: <>
Subject: Little Corella - Kilsyth, Vic
From: "John Harris" <>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 15:48:47 +1000
Dear All ( Melb birders espec.)

 While attending a school footy match at Pink Reserve this afternoon, I
observed a flock of around 100 corellas feeding on the onion grass. I
originally just thought that they were Long-billed Corella but on closer
inspection all were Lt Corella, with the shorter bill and lack of red around
the face.

Not a species that I have associated with Melbourne in the past.  I will have
to keep a closer eye on my resident flock of Long-bills at Ruffey Lake in
future.

Yours in all things "green"

Regards

John Harris