birding-aus

Day at Werribee - Try again.

To: Bird Aus <>
Subject: Day at Werribee - Try again.
From: Melissa Falconer <>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:37:59 +1000 (EST)
Thanks to all who kindly gave info regarding best spots, Tania, Russell, Dave
and Jack, it was invaluable. A special thanks to Richard and Lorne, who so
kindly took time to show us those special birds through the spotting scope and
teach us 'greenhorns' a little about birding. If you guys are an indication of
what the birding crowd are like, what a great hobby/passion to be part of.
  Scott and I were thrilled with our final count, after 5 hour, of 65 species,
with at least 6 being lifers. We dipped on Brolga, Phalarope, Godwit and OBP's,
though according to 'eremea' wed page, 2 OBP's were sotted at WTP on anzac day.
We picked up, thanks to Richard and Lorne, Double-banded Plover and Red-capped
Plover. We also got 4 Freckled Duck and 6 White-winged Black Tern. Spectacular.
Also good views of pair of Sea Eagles.
  We can't wait for our next visit.
  Thanks again,
  Melissa Falconer.