birding-aus

Post-Monica bird mortality information?

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Post-Monica bird mortality information?
From: "M Gardner" <>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:38:14 +0930
Cant comment on the rest of the Territory, but here at Numbulwar there wasnt
anything to report except a few Greater Frigatebirds flying along the coast
(which they dont usually) because of strong winds during the cyclone when it
was in the Gulf or Carpentaria.  I've been in Nhulunbuy (Gove) for the last
two days and it copped the outer edge of the cyclone - alot of small
branches down (but not trees compared to TC Ingrid last year).  I was sort
of hoping the cyclone would've blown some rarities and seabirds over but the
birdlife seemed normal except for a White-winged Black Tern hovering over
puddles at the Gove airport this morning.  Even the Nhulunbuy STP didnt have
anything interesting on it except for a lone Australasian Grebe, a couple of
Radjah Shelducks and one Common Sandpiper.

Cheers
Marc
Numbulwar NT