birding-aus

Advise on effects of recycled water on native veg & fauna

Subject: Advise on effects of recycled water on native veg & fauna
From: "Chris Sanderson" <>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:02:26 +1000
Hi Debbie,

I would suggest that if you are concerned about this, try and get a water
quality monitoring program implemented for the golf course.  This should
show whether the excess nutrients in the water build up over time.  As John
mentioned, the "class" of treatment will affect this process.  I've
certainly heard of stories where the wrong class of water was used to
irrigate sporting fields and people got sick (this was in the US) - but
people were likely letting their bare skin touch the ground.

Regards,
Chris