birding-aus

Raptor ID

Subject: Raptor ID
From: "Evan Beaver" <>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 07:30:04 +1000
I was just about to say that. It looks quite familiar actually; I looked at
the photo and felt I knew it. I'm up at Lapstone and we've been seeing a
pair quite regularly, of which your photo shows one. Dick Turner, my good
neighbour, thinks it a young bird, the plumage is quite variable.

--
Evan Beaver
Lapstone, Blue Mountains, NSW