birding-aus

RFI: Adelaide in early July

To: "'David Adams'" <>, "'Birding-Aus'" <>
Subject: RFI: Adelaide in early July
From: "Bob Cook" <>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 10:38:43 +1000
David

Adelaide - Mildura - Melbourne would mean that Gluepot Reserve would have to
be a great option.  Mungo is a long slightly rough drive for not
particularly special birding unless you wanted to see Mungo itself anyway
(Banded Lapwings are a good chance, though).  Hattah-Kulkyne NP is great.
The Tourist Information Centre in Mildura can give you detailed NP maps for
Hattah and Murray-Sunset - In Hattah, try Nowingi and Konardin Tracks.  If
you do not have a 4WD, check road conditions for getting into Gluepot and
around Hattah and Murray-Sunset before you go.

If you have a chance, check the birding-aus archives for Hattah special
spots.

Weather up in NW Victoria is usually really good in July - mild and usually
dry.

When you are in Mildura, try giving me a call.  If I am around I would be
able to show you a special spot or two - 0427 266 770

Bob Cook
Mildura  VIC.