birding-aus

Gold Coast and Brisbane

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Gold Coast and Brisbane
From: Charles Hunter <>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 20:25:03 +1100 (EST)
Hi all,

Ainslie and I visited Tamborine NP today. It was around 1.30pm so was packed with people.

Tamborine NP is 70km south west of Brisbane.

Walked the MacDonald section, not much around apart from two female Satin Bowerbirds, Eastern and Yellow Robins. I heard a couple of Log runner's calling.

Highlight was a Southern Boobook that flew up from a low roost into a near by palm when I disturbed it. A new bird for me. I got great looks for several minutes.

This evening walking through Brisbane Botanical Gardens I saw three Bush Stone-curlew's. A new bird for me. Suprisingly large, they appeared rather unfased by dog walkers and bike riders.

Has anyone else ever seen them at this location?

Two new birds. Not a bad weekend for me.

Regards,
Charles Hunter
Kings Cross, Sydney

On Yahoo!7
Desperate Housewives: Sneak peeks, recaps and more.