birding-aus

Belated National Twitchathon Banter

To: Tim Dolby <>
Subject: Belated National Twitchathon Banter
From: Mick Roderick <>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 12:48:30 +1100 (EST)
Certainly Tim...

As you wrote on the 19/11/05
"There are some real benefits for doing this. Quite aside from creating
a national birding event, it would add the promotional value and
therefore conservation value of this unique sporting event."

But having sifted (quickly) through those threads I couldn't work out if we had nailed an accepted 'national system' - but from memory the "Modified Dolby System" got the nod?

The Brewers have already semi-secured (!?) a couple more species on the 2005 total, and I recall the WOW confidently claiming the same (gulp), so the Vic's had better pull something out of the fire in 2006 as 230 spp. is looking like the new tally-to-beat up here, which bodes well for NSW in the national competition. Here's hoping other states will enter the fray!

Mick Brew

Tim Dolby <> wrote:
Yes NSW thon teams,
I'm sure there will be an extra gear (or 2) in the 2006 Twitchathon, particularly if you incorporate the new national scoring system.
Victoria is ready and waiting! I'm sure some of the other states are also keen to put up a challenge.
Cheers,
Tim

Do you Yahoo!?