birding-aus

Re: Shelduck and Long Toed Stint at WTP

To: BIRDING-AUS <>
Subject: Re: Shelduck and Long Toed Stint at WTP
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 12:01:21 +1100

On Tuesday night, I saw the mystery shelduck again. It seems to be developing more white on the head, however the direct late afternoon lighting may have accentuated its markings more.

I've added 3 more photos to my website (the last 3 photos in the slideshow), that show the chestnut rump more vividly.  I also heard the shelduck calling, so if anyone knows of any links to wav/mp3's of the calls of Cape Shelduck/Ruddy Shelduck, i'd love to receive them.

I've also placed another few shots up of the Long Toed Stints. One of the birds is now 'colouring up' into breeding plumage. (Image 3 in the slideshow)

To access the photos, go to http://www.peterfuller.com.au/  click on the WTP rarities link, and navigate from there.

If you've viewed these pages before, dont forget to refresh the page, by right clicking on the background, and clicking refresh.

Cheers,

Peter