birding-aus

Shoalhaven Hds and Malabar Headland

To: "Frank Hemmings" <>, <>
Subject: Shoalhaven Hds and Malabar Headland
From: "Simon Blanchflower" <>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 21:00:19 +1100

Hello, went to Shoalhaven Heads on Saturday and Malabar Headland this evening. Firstly saw the Orange Chat this evening at about 6:30pm (thanks Frank for helping with directions). I just read a posting by Bruce Cox and tend to agree that the bird I saw was perhaps an immature male - the yellow forehead and and frontal crown are fairly clear + I felt that the plumage looked fresh and bright, but this could also have been due to the light at the time - certainly a brilliant bird to be found in Sydney - well done Frank Hemmings!

At Shoalhaven Heads on Saturday, a large number of Pacific Golden Plovers with over 300 present, also about 400 Bar-Tailed Godwit, 3 Red Knot, about 250 Red-Necked Stint, 20 Eastern Curlew, 50 Red-Capped Plover, 30 Sharp-Tailed Sandpiper also present was a Grey Goshawk, Caspian Tern and White Bellied Sea-Eagle.

Cheers
Simon.