birding-aus

RFI: Cairns Area

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: RFI: Cairns Area
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 16:19:48 +1100

Is anyone able to help me out with a few site details for areas around Cairns?

I'm after:

** Swallow sites  - Where at Newell Beach?

** Beach Stone Curlew -  access from Yule Point? Where is Yule point?

** Georgetown - sites for Red Browed Pardolotes, Finches, Rufous Throated and Grey Fronted Honeyeaters. Location of cumberland dam?

** Banded Honeyeater sites???

** Any current good sightings around Cairns ( waders? other rarities?)

** Best photography spots for any FNQ speciality species (any bowers?  ?tame? birds in public places, schools etc)

This is my first trip to Cairns, so any advice appreciated. The archive has been great, but nothing compares to local knowledge and birder experience.

Thanks in advance,

Peter