birding-aus

RFI: short free time in Brisbane

To: John Boyce <>
Subject: RFI: short free time in Brisbane
From: knightl <>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 14:32:03 +1000
If you have a car, you can certainly get to Binna Burra / Green Mts in a day from Brisbane [90 - 120 mins each way]. It might be that the riflebirds get fed at Green Mts, but I'm not sure. I believe the RTGT are more likely at Binna Burra than Green Mts. I've also seen them at Mt Glorious, in Brisbane Forest Park, about 60 mins out of town, and seen RB from the track between Jolly's Lookout and Bombana at Mt Nebo [but they don't seem to be common there].

Regards, Laurie