birding-aus

RFI: Vehicle storage in Alice Springs during birdwatching trip.

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: RFI: Vehicle storage in Alice Springs during birdwatching trip.
From: "Robert Inglis" <>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:26:20 +1000
Hi Birding-Ausers,

Firstly, this request for information is connected with the pursuit of
birdwatching but, in
recognition of the fact that this topic is probably of little interest to the
vast majority of
subscribers, I ask that anyone willing to provide information or to just
comment please reply
directly to me at  rather than through this list. In other
words, please do not
simply 'press' the "Reply" button to respond.

I have booked myself onto an organized tour of the Kimberly region of Western
Australia departing
from Alice Springs 17th June 2006 and returning to Alice Springs 14th July 2006.
The trip will be mainly birdwatching orientated (at least for me it will be)
with the Black
Grasswren as the main 'target' species.
(There, that has established the birding credentials of this posting. ;-])

There is a bigger plan:
I intend driving to Alice Springs to meet up with the tour group and to drive
to Perth (and its
nether regions) after the Kimberly trip.
This means that I need to securely store my vehicle, a Subaru Forester, and
some other gear in Alice
Springs for a period of 4 weeks.
Preferably, the storage should be in a secure, undercover, lock-up facility.
Note: I am note looking for 'free' accommodation; I am quite willing to pay for
the service.

I have surfed the WWW for suitable 'lock-up' type storage and there appears to
be at least one
provider in Alice Springs.
I will, of course, contact that provider but I am interested in knowing if any
Birding-Aus
subscribers have had experience with storing vehicles in Alice Springs and/or
if they have any
suggestions or relevant information.
If so, would they please contact me at  and not through the
Birding-Aus mailing
list.

Cheers

Bob Inglis