birding-aus

Re: Banded Red Knot

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Re: Banded Red Knot
From: Paul Taylor <>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 20:45:04 +1100
Stuart Cooney photographed a Red Knot on Frankston Beach back in 1998,
so seeing them in eastern Port Phillip Bay is not unheard of:
   http://menura.orchestra.cse.unsw.edu.au:64800/1998/11/msg00089.html

Frankston is 38°08'S, 145°07'E so very close to the stated coordinates,
but I imagine banding waders there would be even more unusual than seeing
a Red Knot!  (The Eastern Treatment Plant at Carrum, Edithvale Wetlands
or Seaford Wetlands are nearby possible banding locations - besides
Westernport Bay, of course.)