birding-aus

Tasmanians birds

To: birdo <>
Subject: Tasmanians birds
From: Mona Loofs Samorzewski <>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 11:08:42 +1100
I've been lurking on this list for a while, being someone who still hasn't joined the '300' club let alone anything as lofty as 600 or 700! (Small children do rather put a damper on birding trips...)

I was wondering if there are any Tasmanians that could help me with good sites for Tasmanian Thornbills (I still haven't positively IDed one, it's the last Tassie endemic for me to see). I live in South Hobart and I know they like wet forest gullies, so there must be somewhere nearby where I could spot some! I'm also targeting Pink Robin and Olive Whistler. And if anyone could help me with good wader sites near Hobart that would be great too - I know Orielten Lagoon is good but I don't know exactly where to go.

Thanks
Mona