birding-aus

Binos

Subject: Binos
From: MetaSense Pty Ltd <>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 14:13:00 +0800
David Cameron wrote:
Hi Folks,

I’m in the market for some new binos……I did try to access the archive to
view past posts on this subject but can’t get in for some reason so
apologies for repeating a question that’s probably been asked dozens of
times.

My requirements are for a good robust pair of binos, 8 or 10x mag x 42 –
50mm, water proof or water resistant and no more that $750.00. Any
advice gratefully received.

Can I suggest a pair of Brownings.  Either 8 x 42 or 10 x 42.  I bought
a pair of 8 x 42 six months ago and they are great.  Coated lenses,
rubber armor coated and quite robust, water proof (I put them under the
tap to clean them) and $600.  They are particularly good for those
wearing glasses since I can see the entire field of view.  The eye-piece
cover screws out with stops, for use by those lens-challenged amongst us.

Cheers

Andrew

Happy birding,

David Cameron