birding-aus

strange coloured Corella Bowra, S.W.Qld.

To: <>
Subject: strange coloured Corella Bowra, S.W.Qld.
From: "Mrs Julie Lynn McLaren" <>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 08:12:19 +1000

We have an influx of Little Corellas at the moment and yesterday I thought there was an owl on a fence in the cattle yards, on closer inspection it turned out to be a coloured Corella. At first I thought it might have been dirty, but definitely a motley brown. Later on in the day it landed in the Gum tree in our house yard and Ian, another chap and I all had good views of it. Unnderneath a similar colour to a Rhode Island Red chook, the rest of it motley brown, with red overtones and white blotches on the wings. Needless to say the other Corellas are giving it a wide berth. I have my camera at the ready to-day, so hope to get a photo.

Julie McLaren