birding-aus

Kangaroo Valley, NSW - 25/11/05

Subject: Kangaroo Valley, NSW - 25/11/05
From: Nigel Jackett <>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 20:15:16 +1100 (EST)
Hi all,

Today I decided to have a look for the local birds of my
street (Keoghs Rd) on the eastern side of Kangaroo Valley.
In particular I was after Pacific Baza which have recently
been found in most months of the year around my house.
Dipped on them, but saw some nice birds anyway.

A total of 41 species were recorded of which almost all are
regular on the street. A GREEN CATBIRD was the only new
species for the area. Other nice birds for my street were
Superb Lyrebird, Gang-gang Cockatoo (commonly found but my
favourite bird!), Brush Cuckoo, Cicadabird, Black-faced
Monarch, Leaden Flycatcher, White-headed Pigeon, Wonga
Pigeon, New Holland Honeyeater and Variegated Fairy-wren.

Cheers
Nigel

Complete List:

Australian Wood Duck