birding-aus

Hunter Region Birds

Subject: Hunter Region Birds
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 08:05:54 +1100
Alan

In essence, a substantial number of obligate marine, wide-ranging off-shore
sea birds that occur up to 80km off the coast of Newcastle and are not directly
associated with coal-fired industrial heartland of Newcastle (i.e. likely
to occur across other off shore areas of NSW) are included in the list.

May be the Liverpool Plains is looking as an 'important region ecologically'
after all.

Cheers

Peter

Alan wrote:

We would accept records from out to about 80km out, which is where the
shelf ends.  But most of the albatrosses, prions, shearwaters etc that
are on our list can be seen from land if you look often enough, or by
people out fishing not far from shore.