birding-aus

RE: Adelaide birding; Penrice, Gemfyre,etc

Subject: RE: Adelaide birding; Penrice, Gemfyre,etc
From: "Graham W" <>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 12:14:24 +1100

Hi Trevor, Thanks for this update,good to know this.  I only sent this because Gemfyre(Belinda, Perth) asked about the Penrice Salt Fields and Adelaide birding and I had been in Adelaide not so long ago (myself from Sydney) and I had sent some other stuff on areas around Adelaide I had found good for birding and had noticed Penrice on the current field trips for the Adelaide bird group.  Graham

To one and all,

Please note That the Dry Creek Salt Fields at St Kilda Sth Aust is no longer the property of PENRICE. so we are in future referring to them as "Dry Creek Salt Fields" which is the recognised area in Adelaide.
New owners are in fact Cheetham Salt Ltd, the same owners as the Salt fields at Price on the Yorke Peninsula Sth Aust, which we refer to as the Price Salt Fields. Hope this will help you all get up to date.

Also please note that any current authorised persons will this year have to resign a new Insurance Indemnity Document. If you are an SAOA/Birds SA member the newsletter being released at end of November will have a loose flyer insert for members to complete are return with there request for next years authority to enter. Plus of course a self addressed stamped envelope for the return to you of your new card.
All SAOA/Birds SA members must be authorised prior to time/day of entry on our field trips.

Overseas and interstate visitors turning up for said trips will be made welcome and the documents will be available from Hilda (Thursdays) or myself Saturdays & Sunday trips. I also assist with visitors at other times  but a key can only be obtained Mon to Fri 8am to 3.30pm, therefore weekend visitors can only gain access by having some one collect a key on the Friday by arrangement to use over weekends. I cannot say how many people they will allow to take in visitors on weekends or if its open to any authorised person to make arrangements, so check with the office Tel 08 8409 9500. during office hours to avoid disappointment.
If you have a question I will try and help out.

Trevor Cowie
-------------------------------------------- Birding-Aus is now on the Web at www.birding-aus.org -------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the message 'unsubscribe birding-aus' (no quotes, no Subject line) to