birding-aus

Vic Twitchathon

Subject: Vic Twitchathon
From: <>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 06:51:07 +0800

Dear fellow birdos,

The Birds Australia Twitchathon to be held on 5th and 6th November is only eight days away! How exciting!

So please be quick to get those registration forms in and seek sponsorship. To be eligble for prizes each team needs to pledge $50 sponsorship and you may wish to do this by cheque when you send your registration form. You can email at   for the documentation. Sponsorship funds will go towards BA-Vic Research Awards for P.h.D students studying Ornithology.

We have heaps of terrific prizes for the Twitchathon this year. Donations have come from Andrew Isles Natural History Books, The Text Publishing Company, Sean Dooley, Allen & Unwin, David Hollands, Steve Parish Publishing, Cambridge University Press, Explore Australia Publishing, Oxford University Press, Viridans Pty Ltd and Lothian Books.

This year we are running a new competition for participants "How many Birds Will We See?" To enter, simply email me before Wednesday 2nd November at   and tell me how many birds your team expects to count on the Twitchathon. To win your team has to count the exact number of birds that you guessed. The winner will receive this fantastic book by Tim Flannery "The Weather Makers:The History and Future Impacts of Climate Change" kindly donated by The Text Publishing Company.

And finally, don't forget about the BBQ after the Twitchathon at the You Yangs. Could you please let me know if you are coming? Your family and friends are most welcome too.

Regards,

Fiona Parkin (Birds Australia-Victoria)