birding-aus

Yarra egrets are great, not little

To: <>
Subject: Yarra egrets are great, not little
From: "Bill Stent" <>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 10:35:39 +1000
Oh, this is so embarrassing.

The egret I've been seeing along the Yarra is in fact a great, not a
little as I'd previously thought.  I've now taken some photos and talked
about it with Neville Pamment, who is more experienced and local to the
area.  I guess I'd convinced myself it was a great and then never
reconsidered.  Apart from overall size, looking at the neck bend, and
colours of bill and legs and there really shouldn't have been much
doubt.

I've mentioned the birds a couple of times this year on Birding-Aus, on
the 10th of October and previously on the 1st of April (possibly an
appropriate date).

You can label me a stringer now.

Bill Stent