birding-aus

CBCs , Koels, etc., on the move.

To: "Birds" <>
Subject: CBCs , Koels, etc., on the move.
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:52:57 +0930

Why all the current chat about these being sighted down the east coast?

We had the same stuff last year, and the year before that, and the year before that , and …….

 Surely these birds do it every year the same as ever ? Maybe with a bit of  seasonal variation, but so what ?

I just hope someone is plotting these birds' progress on a map-time scale so that it may be of some use to someone, but I can't imagine who that might be. It's not as though they are rare or endangered.

If it's for atlassing purposes I hope these folk are putting in Atlas Reports because the sightings won't be counted otherwise.

Tony Russell