birding-aus

Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoos in inner Melbourne

To: <>
Subject: Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoos in inner Melbourne
From: "Neville Pamment" <>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:44:32 +1000

Following the several earlier reports this month, this morning there were at least 32 YTBCs feeding noisily in the mature wattle plantation on the east side of Merri Creek, Clifton Hill, just upstream from the Roseneath St footbridge.  This is about 6 km from the GPO Melbourne.

Always a thrill to see them, and much credit to the Friends of Merri Creek and the Merri Creek Management Committee whose revegetation efforts 10 or more years ago have made it possible.

My first record of YTBCs feeding along the creek was in 1995. I have similar records for every year from 1999-2005, all in the July-November period, with most records September-October.

Neville