birding-aus

More migrants

To: <>
Subject: More migrants
From: "Tom and Mandy Wilson" <>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 11:41:20 +1000
No Channel Billed Cuckoos yet for me at Turramurra (N Sydney) - they always
seem to get to my bit of Turramurra a couple of weeks after they start
showing up elsewhere.

However, whilst working in the garden this morning, I heard a sound that I
normally associate with autumn - flocks of Silvereye and Honeyeaters passing
overhead - of course at this time of year they are heading south.  I heard
three groups (2 lots of Silvereye, 1 of Honeyeaters) in the 15 minutes I was
outside and listening for them but didn't actually see any.

Cheers
Tom Wilson