birding-aus

Have no fears ... JAG is ears .......

Subject: Have no fears ... JAG is ears .......
From: "JAGamblin" <>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 23:47:05 -0000
G'day Russell,

The best I have found is to have as many moderators as you can, this
not only shares the load but also helps you have a better control on
exactly what gets posted to the listserver this also in turn helps
the system run better.

Many folks and some family eager to help at Yahoo.

BUT what are you going to do about attachments? do we have a
Kaaaaaaaarlton .v. Ozbirdpix waugh? :^D>>>

All the best JAG de olde Linux whag.

In "simonmustoe" <>
wrote:

Russell,

As a matter of course, I always set the reply option to sender. It
avoids any embarassing problems when someone may send a 'flame' and
it ends up appearing in everyones' inboxes.

Are you fully moderating the messages? I usually start by not doing
this but just moderating membership. One thing you could do is
establish more than one moderator if you have any one who is prepared
to do this. I have this for one group where two or more of us are
able to approve messages. This reduces the workload quite a bit.

Usually you only have to read the top line to see if it meets the
list remit or not.

I find that for some who don't have a Yahoo username and password, it
can be rather difficult to manage through to obtaining access to the
archive if it is hidden. For this reason, I would make the list
public, so that anyone can paruse the archive without being a member,
but can only post if they are a member. You can then invite those on
the existing listserver to subscribe by simply sending an email to

Finally, in the <files> section, you can place a text file that gets
sent automatically once a month to each subscriber which includes
information on what the rules are, and how to unsubscribe. This is
quite useful as you can imagine, it minimises the amount of time you
have to spend explaining this to people.

Hope this is of help.

Simon.

Birding Rare birds Wild bird

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

  •  Visit your group "birding-aus" on the web.

     =Unsubscribe

  •  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.