birding-aus

New Bird Websites

To: Birding- Aus <>
Subject: New Bird Websites
From: Kevin Vang <>
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 20:42:53 +1000
Dear Aus-Birders

Just a quick update from Bird Explorers here in Sydney.

The Australian Museum in conjunction with Birds Australia has just launched the Birds in Backyards Website as part of the overall Birds in Backyards Program.  This site features over 200 Bird Explorer photos of common Australian birds as well as a host of other great photos and information.  You can find this new site at:
http://www.birdsinbackyards.net/

Also we have started publishing our Birds of Canberra and the ACT photo series at:
http://www.birdquest.net/
>Highlights and Breaking News
>Birds of Canberra and ACT

Bird Explorers new African Bird Image Database (AFBID) is now the largest source of African bird photographs on the web with 1727 photos of 833 African Species in its first full month of operation.  This is a good example of how Australian birders are helping our Africa colleagues with bird promotion, awareness and conservation.  It can be found at:
http://birdquest.net/afbid/

Regards
Kevin and Wojciech