birding-aus

Uganda - anyone keen for a trip?

Subject: Uganda - anyone keen for a trip?
From: Phil Hansbro <>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:01:55 +1000
Hi All

I am contemplating a private trip to Uganda over Christmas/New Year. I will be taking my partner but another 2 people would make the trip significantly cheaper. We will hire our own guide, vehicle and driver.

We will be trying to see as many birds and large African mammals as possible and I will make all the arrangements.

In particular we will be looking for:

Birds: Shoebill, African Green Broadbill and Pitta and all the Rift Valley Endemics and other birds Mammals: All the African Big Game (Lions, Cheatah, Leopards, Elephants, Rhinos, Giraffes) etc and a special trip to visit the Mountain Gorillas and Chimpanzees.

Uganda is now a very safe and pleasant place to travel around.

Please contact me if you are interested.

Thanks

Phil.

Dr Phil Hansbro
Bacteriology Research Group Leader &
Senior Lecturer in Microbiology
Discipline of Immunology & Microbiology
The University of Newcastle &
Vaccines, Infection/Immunity, Viruses & Asthma
(VIVA), Hunter Medical research Institute
Ph: +61 2 4923 6819
Fax: +61 2 4923 6814
Email: