birding-aus

Shuttle Launch

To: Doug Holly <>, "Birding-aus (E-mail)" <>
Subject: Shuttle Launch
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 14:19:06 +1000 (EST)
G'day Doug and all,

You too like a good bike ride then eh?

Do you happen to know if those birds seen near the top of the shuttle launchpad tower got away in time before the flames? about a minute to go and one was still perched there?

Ooroo from JAG de olde 19 sprocket whag.

Your right cobber about Feel Leg-it.

Doug Holly <> wrote:

Having been a racing cyclist for many years I watched the direct telecasts
of Le Tour every night and there was many segments on bird shots, I got the
impression that Phill Liggett, the main commentator is a keen birder as well
as a cyclist, he identified birds and talked about them on several
occasions. Come on David Geering, you are a bike enthusiast, remember me
riding my bike around Gluepot, you got pretty excited about those Striated
Grasswrens.

Doug Holly