birding-aus

Capertee Valley (NSW) 16th July

To: "Simon Blanchflower" <>, <>
Subject: Capertee Valley (NSW) 16th July
From: Carol Probets <>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 07:58:21 +1000
Hi all,

Simon Blanchflower asked about Painted Honeyeaters in the Capertee Valley. They are regularly seen in the area Simon described, however they are generally summer migrants to the valley and not usually present before September. That period coincides with the fruiting of the mistletoe which is their main diet.

Not sure what else they could have been. The "clean white underparts" brought to mind White-naped Honeyeaters, of which there are LOTS in the area at the moment, but not the other features mentioned.

Cheers

Carol