birding-aus

White-throated Gerygone seasonality, Owl Photos

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: White-throated Gerygone seasonality, Owl Photos
From: Michael Todd <>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 11:40:54 +1000
Hello all,

A quick email to let you know that I've updated my website again (www.wildlifing.com). I actually did it a week or so ago and emailed birding-aus a couple of times but the emails got blocked.

New photos that I've put up include Owls (Masked, Grass, Powerful, Boobook), Tawny Frogmouth, Great Egret, Little Pied Cormorant, Noisy Miner, Laughing Kookaburra, Greater Glider, Common Brushtail Possum, Common Ringtail Possum and Litoria fallax.

I've also put up some photos of the Small Tongue Orchid (Cryptostylis leptochila) and its pollinating ichneumonid wasp that goes by the lovely name of Lissopimpla!

In the last week I've been working in the Singleton area (Hunter Valley, NSW) and came across White throated Gerygones in three different locations. Of the 119 NSW records that I have in my database I've only once before had WTG in the months May, Jun or July, and that was late July 1997, also in the Singleton area. I wonder whether they are birds that didn't migrate or are early arrivals. Other interesting birds during the week were Powerful Owl, Masked Owl, Barn Owl, Diamond Firetail, Swift Parrot, Speckled Warbler and Grey-crowned Babbler.

Cheers,

Mick

--
Michael Todd Wildlifing Images & Sounds of Nature
Latest Additions: The Awaba Forest

---
Russell Woodford
Learning Technologies Coordinator
Sacred Heart College Geelong

http://web.shc.melb.catholic.edu.au/music/auralonline.html

This email and any attachments may be confidential and if you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information in this email. If received in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and all copies. The College does not guarantee that this email is virus or error free. The attached files are provided, and may only be used, on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not. The content and opinions in this email are not necessarily those of the College. --------------------------------------------
Birding-Aus is now on the Web at