birding-aus

Capertee Valley weekend (NW of Sydney)

To: "'Susan Knowles'" <>, <>
Subject: Capertee Valley weekend (NW of Sydney)
From: "Timothy Hyde" <>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 18:48:23 +1000
We managed to get out to the Capertee Valley last weekend too.

Saturday was spent helping the Rylstone Environment Society make mud bricks
for the planned Rylstone Common toilet. Got down to our block late in the
afternoon as the sun was fading, but not before Lynda let out the cry
"Swifties!"   I wasn't as sure, but the next day revealed around 8-10 of
them scattered round.

Regent Honeyeaters have been steadily working their way down the Glen Alice
Rd towards our block as the White Box pinged into flower. We knew it was
only a matter of time. We found around 6-8 of the beautiful bird,
maintaining our consistent run of seeing them every year for the last 5
years on the property.

We slept happy that night, only woken by the occasional calling of the
Barking Owls.

I love winter in the valley

timothy hyde

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Achieving the Impossible
Corporate Education & Entertainment.
Creative Thinking, Innovation & Team Building Experts.

PO Box 19
Hazelbrook    NSW   2779
Australia

Website http://www.achieving.com.au