Permethryn again

To: "George Appleby" <>
Subject: Permethryn again
From: "Michael Hunter" <>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 11:31:12 +1000
Thanks George,
                       I suspect that Rentokil is being super-cautious. I've checked with three drug companies who supply permethrin for head-lice in children, and several official sources, there is no suggestion that anyone has ever come close to dying from permethrin on clothing or on the skin. Huge ingested doses in rats have been linked to occasional liver cancers in them, but as Paracelcus noted, many things can be poisonous if overdosed.
<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>

The University of NSW School of Computer and Engineering takes no responsibility for the contents of this archive. It is purely a compilation of material sent by many people to the birding-aus mailing list. It has not been checked for accuracy nor its content verified in any way. If you wish to get material removed from the archive or have other queries about the archive e-mail Andrew Taylor at this address: andrewt@cse.unsw.EDU.AU