birding-aus

Colour Banded Flame Robins

To: <>
Subject: Colour Banded Flame Robins
From: "Glenise Moors" <>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 22:59:40 +1000

Hi all,

I have been colour banding a winter feeding group of Flame Robins near Bendigo.  They have a numbered alloy band on the left leg with a colour band above.  The right leg has two colour bands.  Many of these birds return to my site each year.  The first for this winter arrived on April 18.

It would be great if anyone observing Flame Robins could take particular note of their legs.  Anyone finding a banded bird, please note the colour combination, plumage, place and date and contact me.

Glenise Moors, 555 Mandurang South Road, RSD Strathfieldsaye 3551.  Phone 03 54396254

I have searched in the high country during their breeding season (January/February) but haven’t found any banded birds - a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack!

Regards,  Glenise.