birding-aus

Late Rufous Fantail

To: <>
Subject: Late Rufous Fantail
From: "Neil KIRBY" <>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 22:04:25 +1000

This afternoon I saw a late season Rufous Fantail in Blue Gum Swamp, Winmalee (80km west of Sydney). I last recorded this species in the valley on 8/3/05.Also saw a pair of Gang-gang Cockatoos examining a hollow in a Eucalyptus deanei. The Blue Gums are now in full flower and attracting large numbers of White-naped and Yellow-faced Honeyeaters.

Neil Kirby