birding-aus

Winter Arrivals - Maroochydore (Coastal - 100kms N of Brisbane)

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Winter Arrivals - Maroochydore (Coastal - 100kms N of Brisbane)
From: "Robyn Howard" <>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:16:23 +1000
I couldn't believe it!   The first of my winter visitors (birds) arrived on
Sunday 27th March.   Each autumn/winter, the bird numbers in my yard
increase, normally during April.   I virtually never have a Spangled Drongo
in summer, but about six in winter.   One arrived on Sunday, obviously a
regular, and has taken up almost permanent residence on my Hills Hoist.   I
now await the Little Friarbirds, extra Black-faced Cuckoo-shrikes, the rest
of the Spangled Drongos, more Willie Wagtails, etc. etc., and any other
oddities who occasionally turn up - sometimes some of the honeyeaters.

My Koels departed early - a week ago - so maybe Mother Nature knows
something that we don't.

Cheers

Robyn