birding-aus

Wt Needletails - north central Victoria

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Wt Needletails - north central Victoria
From: Greg Oakley <>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 11:54:33 +1100
Saw a single WTNT flying overhead on Friday evening (6.30pm) while sitting in the front yard of our new abode in suburban Surrey Hills in Melbourne. Weather was warm/sultry. This is the closest to the CBD that I have seen WTNT...

Cheers,
Greg

While out birding and bicycle touring around the Nagambie- Bailieston-Whroo
area last weekend we recorded a small flock (15 - 20 birds) of
White-throated Needletails foraging above wooded farmland (box-ironbark,
red gum) near Nagambie, north of Melbourne.

Details were as follows: