birding-aus

W.T. P Werribee Victoria

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: W.T. P Werribee Victoria
From: "Shirley Cameron" <>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 08:29:51 +1100

After reading so many detailed reports on where to find all the birds we, 4 visitors from Mildura and 3 from Geelong, set out with high hopes and we were certainly not disappointed.

The birds were all there except the Australian Spotless crake, it stayed well hidden.  The tide was in so there was not a lot of bank on Little River; the Ballion’s and Spotted were a bit more adventurous. .

The most interesting sighting was the Brolga, they were in a paddock west of the Shearing Shed on Beach Road, all 6 of them.  We nearly missed them!

 Everyone went on their way well pleased.  The Mildura crew will be on the foreshore at Cairns taking in the waders there.

Thank you to  those who posted such comprehensive reports.

Shirley Cameron

Werribee

3030