birding-aus

Birdling Highlights for 2004

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Birdling Highlights for 2004
From: "Janice England" <>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 16:40:11 +1000
My highlights for 2004 would have to be participating in the ultimate pelagic trip to the sub-Antarctic islands and seeing -  Southern Royal Albratross up close on their nests,  a very fluffy Northern Giant Petrel chick looking like a feather duster, King Penguins moulting, Gentoo penguins lying on their bellies, Light-mantled Sooty Albatross soaring in pairs while calling to each other, Royal Penguins with their chicks, Salvin's Albatross nesting on the cliffs with their chicks sitting on the pedestal, and finally cruising along the shore of South-east Island in the Chathams on Christmas Day in beautiful sunshine and seeing Shore Plover up close.

It just made me feel so pleased to be alive!

I hope you all have a wonderful 2005.

Jan