birding-aus

Laughtondale Gully, NSW (approx. 80 km NW of Sydney CBD)

To: <>
Subject: Laughtondale Gully, NSW (approx. 80 km NW of Sydney CBD)
From: "Edwin Vella" <>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 15:32:34 +1100

Today, Lorne Johnson and myself spent a few hours this morning at Laughtondale Gully (near Wisemans Ferry) and recorded a number of interesting species including Turquoise Parrot (one seen and others heard); Bar-shouldered and Peaceful Doves; several Chestnut-rumped Heath-wrens (several were heard but we only got very brief glimpses of a few); Dollarbird; Leaden Flycatcher; Yellow-tufted, White-cheeked and Brown-headed Honeyeaters; Red-browed and Double-barred Finches and Dusky Woodwallows. We also briefly glimpsed what was probably a Collared Sparrowhawk and possibly heard a Pheasant Coucal call briefly (both are resident species to this area).

Edwin Vella