birding-aus

Nocturnal seed-eating birds

To: <>
Subject: Nocturnal seed-eating birds
From: "Allan Lees" <>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 01:45:19 +1030
There is no shortage of nocturnal birds of prey, but the Night Parrot is the only alleged truly nocturnal seed eater that I know of.

Are there others?

Is the Ground Parrot at all nocturnal, or only crepuscular (I have no experience of this species)?

And does the Burke Parrot feed at night - it certainly comes to water in total darkness?

Cheers

Allan Lees